I love Palestine

I love Palestine

Sunday 14 June 2020

Fixing a House


Amateur like me. ๐Ÿ˜ [credit]


Its not a renovation, but just some touch up on the house (painting), making simple rack and fixing a switch. Alhamdulillah by myself and Im proud of it. Thank you Allah SWT for making it possible for me to learn and able doing it. I always love to learn and doing DIY. Even it maybe tiring, I just consider it as execricse rather me have to jog for 30 minutes, this is more beneficial and fun๐Ÿค  



Painting the house

The original colour is white. Its been only 3 years but the white colour easily turn to yellowish. I have extra 6L paint from previous project and I have plenty of time during this MCO. Thus I take this opportunity to paint this house. I didnt choose the grey colour (as it was from the previous project) I think it look dull but second opinion it look classic and calm. Maybe I will prefer chocolate or dark peach colour. Hihi..

Im using Supertech oyster grey matte colour (I prefer gloss as it easy to clean). The 6L paint cover the whole living room. Before painting I prepare the wall by cleaning it throughly and cover all hole and defect using putty filler. 

Im painting using 1 inch horse brush (Rm1 from MR DIY Shop) and paint roller (RM2 from MR DIY shop)

The paint (RM40/7L)

The white colour turn to yellowish 



In progress. Im making the liner before rolling the paint

Done. Alhamdulillah ๐Ÿ˜Š

Nice๐Ÿ˜







Making racks

Im making the rack for toilet. It was 2 set of it. The wood is from pallet wood that I intend to recycle. Surprisingly the length of the palletwood is just perfect that I dont have to saw it. Thank you Allah to make it easy for me๐Ÿ˜ป

I paint the wood using seamaster super gloss red oxide. It was an extra paint from previous project and I just use whats available. However it still perfect using the paint as it is waterproof and look darks chocolate. 

The paint (RM13/1L)

The wood is from pallet given by a kind shop owner. Please recycle ♻️✔๐Ÿ‘[Credit]

Painting the wood

Fixing it

Holla. Done!

Nice๐Ÿ˜ปalhamdulillah 



Fixing a switch

The problem is when switch on the switch, it takes at least 1 hour before the fan swrill. Thus I suspect the switch is malfunction and maybe some of the wire cut off. 

I bought a new switch for rm7 at a hardware nearby.  This is my first time fixing a switch and Im grateful it was done safely. Previously Im experience doing plumbing as I think it is safe but not risking into electric.  However this time Im intrested to learn and try it. Some precaution during the process is Im wearing rubber shoes, open wide the door and ready to run if any accident occur. But Allhamdulillah with Allah willing all is fine and all prises to Allah it was done safely and I was so happy I learn new thing. Hehehe. Maybe any electrician will laugh of how Im exaggerated over this simple switch thingys (for them). ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ Im not boasting Im just sooo happy ๐Ÿ˜


First switch off the main switch

Unscrew the switch cover

Observe the wire arrangement

Take pictures from all angle for future reference 

Unsrew one by one

Preparing the wire

Fix the new switch. And alhamdulillah it was done ๐Ÿ˜Š



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...