I love Palestine

I love Palestine

Thursday 18 June 2020

To Wear or Not?




During this Covid-19 outbreak, many taking precaution to avoid being infected. Knowing it is spread by airborne and its ability to survive up to 4 days on surface, self hygine is a way to protect ourself. But another points that become issue is about either to wear mask and glove for self protection. We saw many wearing it, but some expert saying that it is not necessary.

From my personal point of view. For me I will wear mask and gloves to protect myself and the peoples around me. Also can be seen from the expert explanation that they didn't say that it is bad, but wearing it without knowledge can be more harmful.





As a conclusion, if someone decided to wear glove and mask in public, don't think negatively about them. They are being careful and taking care their own health the best they think. We share benifit when everyone healthy because it will cut Covid-19 chain infection. In case they wear gloves and mask the wrong way, give advice politely.

I remember the beginning of my job at lab, when I enter chemicals lab, staff didnt wear personal protection equipment even it was provided by the company. For them it is funny to wear such weird tools. Even quite shy I just wear all the PPE, thinking saftey first. What if acid drop into my eyes? My family will be sad. I work in biology lab thus only several times in a month I went to chemicals lab. But still I will wear all the PPE completely. After many times its become norm that everyone now didnt feel shy to wear it. As for many workers, even if they  were from different department, I will request PPE for them because I care that they should be protected. The same way I want to work safely, they also should. So make a right thing as norm not the other way around.

I also remember there's someone came to our lab doing pest control.  He spraying pesticide without any PPE such as glove, google, or even 3-ply mask. Pity to him I said it is a dengerous job that he should wearing at least a proper chemical mask. He said that his company didn't provide it but he was fine and he used to it. I advice him to just leave if the employer treat workers that way. As much we want to be healthy and safe treat others the same way. Appreciate employee as a human being, that they have family, can get sick and have feeling.

In any case bad things occur, at least we are doing our best to prevent it and it is fate. But without any effort, lets just say it is our fault for being ignorant. 

Me in my complete gear when Im doing chemicals work



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...