I love Palestine

I love Palestine

Wednesday 24 June 2020

Battery kong




'Battery kong', it means the Battery is not functioning or dead. 

It's already been one week battery warning symbol enlight on sis's car dashboard. I do googling and find out it might cause by battery or alternator problem. 

I went to a workshop to check the problem as well servicing brake oil (flushing/bleeding). Mechanic said it is because of Battery problem. 

Today (2.5 years ago) I went to town for an important appointment when the car suddenly stop near the parking lot, exactly in front of a tyre workshop. 

I turn on the emergency signal and few times I try to start the engine but unfortunately it failed. 

Kind passer by asked me whats the problem and tell me that this shop selling car battery. One of the man help pushing my car to be nearer to the parking lot.  His friend on the other hand help me to ask the workshop about the battery price. 

The boss comes and look into the bonnet. They change the battery and help me to check if the alternator is not functioning using voltameter. They siad it was belting problem  with visible belting shredded at its edge.

After a while they change into century dry battery and it last for 2.5 years (My sis change it 2 weeks ago). 

The next week (2.5 years ago) I went to change the belt but it was just 2 weeks before the belt shredded and cut itself. 

Finally we went to a workshop and found out that the cause of the shredded belting is because of the alternator used is not belong/fit to the car where it is a bit longger than it should be. The mechanic help us to change into a new alternator that belong/fit to the car. And now the problem didn't repeat. Alhamdulillah


Notes

🚗 Drafted years ago, updated recently while waiting for my car service. 
🚗 Thank you to the passer by. This is Malaysian spirit where we respect and help each other. I didn't ask for help but instead they kindly offering help. May Allah belss you all. 
🚗 Even we are not from technical background, it is best to know little bit about our car. At least when anything happened we are not clueless. 
🚗 From the story, I learned that first step to investigate car's problem (other than tyres problem) is to do visible check in car's bonnet. Don't do anything (lets the expert settle it) but just do your observation to learn. There is one time when our car suddenly feels very slow when I check in the bonnet, it was because of the disconnected wire. I just then connect the wire when our cars back to it usual self. 
🚗 Century Car battery is a good one. If Im not mistaken its only Rm120 (2018) but it last for 2.5 years. 
🚗 Old battery can be recycle ♻️






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...