I love Palestine

I love Palestine

Monday 13 July 2020

Cat in the Rain



It was heavy rain this morning.  I saw this cat soaking wet and tighting herself in cold so she won't fall from that small space. The backyard only have feet long slab thus the rain still drop on her and she is very wet and cold.

I feel pity at her that I want to go out and take her. But that time I was cooking and I have visitors and have to take care my 5 month and 2 years old niece. I don't have the backdoor key (I was at my sister house), so in order to get her I have to go the long way. I called her several times but she didin't move at all. Wait cat I will take you and let you stay at our house. At least you won't soak wet. At least 40 minutes she was there or maybe many hour since night (it's rain since down), after a while when I want to take her she's gone. Maybe she ran away after the owner open her house.

I think the cat is a stray. My neighbor (the house owner) is a kind lady and kind to cat. The next door neighbor is a vet, that is very kind towards animals and strays (he give them food and spay strays for free). The next door also are kind family that their kids love cat. But there the stray cat just sat there drench in the rain without any idea where she can squeeze herself in to at least not getting wet.

That is the life of a stray. They don't have house to protect them from harsh weather and being wet and cold is norm. Malaysia is lucky enough for stray where the four seasons country have winter that most stray can just die by freezing into ice. 

I've seen this for the third time, the first one is my cat Bezza. She just used to be stray that when first I bring her back, she just sat on the field drench in the heavy rain. I bring her in and say this will be your house, when it's rain come here and eat food. The second cat was at the same place as this cat. As soon I saw her I meowing calling her. I take umbrella and open the door, when I saw her missing. I again meowing inspecting anywhere she might hide but no success. When I return home and closed the door to my freak the cat was already in our house. 'Terkejut I!". Haha.. just how much she wait for the open door that she just flash herself in without me realizing it. she was pampered and very nice. She ate food and then exploring our house. Unfortunately after few days the cat refuse to stay at our house because of my gangster cat Bieshing that unable to live with any cat in his house. He kill them for real. But now Bieshing has die.

So adopt don't shop. Rehome as many strays because it is sad to see this. Whatever good you are doing to the strays, you are actually helping yourself more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...